Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Engine in

Lots of fun was had putting the engine in since we had a chain hoist but nothing to fasten it to. We happened to have a nice piece of 2m long square tubing which was 750mm x 750mm. So our great plan was to slide it between two of the joists to create a place to hang the chain hoist. Come to think of it I should have taken a picture to explain better.

To cut a long story short we sweated atop stepladders for a good 45 minutes to get it right.
Next mission was that the engine was on the other side of the garage from the front of the car. I don’t know how much the engine actually weighs but I was surprised to find that a 56 year old man and I could pick the whole thing up and move it into position.





A guest appearance by my mom


The engine Finally in, we had to fasten the gearbox mid way but since Brad made such nice engine mounts it made the whole exercise rather easy.


We found that the sump was only fastened on with about half the bolts it should have been and since it was dented we decided to take it off to get it repaired, upon doing so we found that the oil pickup was missing.




Now that we have the engine in temporarily we can look at routing the front brake pipes and fuel lines.

On Saturday I got a prop shaft, handbrake cable and steering rack mounts. I have no clue as what to do with the prop shaft I just know its got to get shorter by quite a lot.

No comments: